Raw Vegan Principles:
- Always pair a lean plant protein with a clean carb together or healthy fat at each meal. Your body does not make protein, so you have to consume it through a plant that contains protein. If you are trying to keep your muscle, this is important.
2. Keep your healthy fats about 45-55 grams a day. 15-20 grams per serving is ideal. Your body can only process so much healthy fat at one time.
3. Fresh fruits and veggies are the foundation to eating raw.
4. Stick with foods that have one ingredient (raw almond, fresh spinach, sprouted quinoa, ect.) REAL FOOD!
5. Most raw vegans I know try to aim for 90-100% of their food raw. Very rich in enzyme which helps nourish the body
6. Do not use sugar or salt!! If you want to season your food use garlic, oregano, ginger, cayenne pepper, basil, marjoram, and tumeric, fresh lemon or lime.
7. Drink lots of water. Ditch the soda and sugary fake fruit juices. If you want sweet, add fruit to infuse water or, lemon, or lime to water. Water will help flush the toxins out of your system.
8. Have a plan. It takes proper planning to accomplish this lifestyle. Most of my raw vegan friends have to plan their nutrition menu more carefully than a vegan who eats cooked food. But once it you get down, it is like second nature.
9. Eat 5-6 small meals a day to fuel you metabolism. 3 to 4 hours apart. This will help your keep your hard earned muscle and lose fat.
10. Try to go as organic as you can!
Acceptable raw lean vegan protein sources:
1. Raw sprouts
2. Raw nuts
3. Raw sprouted seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, ect)
4. Raw sprouted beans (kidney, black, navy, pinto, garbanzo, lentils, garbanzo )
5. Fresh dark leafy greens-kale, Chicory, collard greens, spinach, swiss chard
6. Raw vegan plant protein powders like Sun Warrior protein powder (Vegan protein powder) http://www.sunwarrior.com/store/?affId=86076
8. Sea vegetables (nori, arame, dulse, agar agar, sea palm, wakame)
Clean carbs: (Yes, you get to eat good carbs!)
- Any veggies
2. Any fruit
3. Sprouted grains
Healthy fats: (25-35 grams a day)
3. Nut butters
4. Flaxseed oil
5. Olive oil (first cold pressed)
6. Coconut oil